Description of Company/Services
District Garden Supply is a garden design and consulting business, serving residents of the District of Columbia and adjacent neighborhoods. We are horticulturists and landscape architects and have over 25 years' combined experience in the landscape industry.
- Garden Coaching Sessions, during which we identify plant species and potential maintenance issues like pests and diseases.
- Garden Designs, where sophisticated selection of diverse and beautiful species are selected, providing year-round beauty.
- Budgeting Assistance. Our expertise in landscape construction can help you understand the sometimes baffling costs of retaining walls, fences and even plants! We can help you phase out future plans.
- Referrals. We can provide you names of arborists, contractors, interior designers, architects and water feature specialists, all of whom have demonstrated high-quality work.
- Sustainability Consulting. We can help you make good use of your rain barrel, provide you with lists of plant species that attract songbirds and butterflies and even offer some tips on keeping those mosquitoes at bay!
Locations / Address
Share this Service Provider with your friends.
Jennifer was quite helpful. She has a good eye, is clearly very knowledgeable and has a great way about her. She made some excellent suggestions. She addressed a diversity of issues. I highly recommend her.
– Claudia T.
This was a great experience! Jennifer did a fantastic job naming all of the different plants/trees/shrubs in our yard (75+ different varieties) and also had great recommendations for trimming, planting, etc. Highly recommend!
– K. M.
Owner Jennifer G. Horn took me on a stroll through my yard with so many great ideas! I was thrilled with all of them. She writes down the scientific names of every plant and tree, as well as the easier to refer to "commonly called" names for you. Be aware: this is not your grandfather's landscape designer. It is very new and interesting. She adapts to what your situation is, shady/sunny, what trees are important to you or she thinks should be kept and what can be removed, and she really inspired me to make some huge changes in all sides of the house. HIRE HER TODAY! You will not regret it.
– Randy R.
Had a great visit with Jennifer Horn from District Garden Design. If you live in the DC area and want advice on what to do with your landscaping/garden (ranging from full design to instructions on how not to kill an azalea bush), Jennifer is the woman for you. Very knowledgeable and gives no pressure advice. (I'm not getting paid to say this, she is that good!)
– Monica H.