Are family events and activities slipping through the cracks?
Create a Family Communication Center!
Creating a Family Communication Center can be extremely easy, and inexpensive. Especially, when you use materials found around the house. It will only take minutes to set up, but it will save you hours in time management and prevent frustration resulting from loss of documents, and missed appointments.
- Calendar (paper or dry erase),
- Dry erase markers,
- Out box,
- Corkboard or magnetic whiteboard.
- Find a location: Place the communication center in a high traffic area of the home to ensure that all will see. It could be the inside of a cabinet, a wall in the kitchen or at the entry way.
- Set up the area with the needed materials.
- Start using the communication area: Have family place events, activities, business travel schedule, doctor’s appointment, vacation schedule, birthday and anniversary dates on the calendars as reminders. Use inbox for items that need addressing such as party invitation, RSVP, permission slips, mail, and/or coupons. Use the out box for items that have been signed/addressed and ready for pick up. Use the corkboard or the magnetic white board to place items that need immediate attention.
- Reminder: For those of you who use multiple calendars such as work calendars, the electronic calendars on your phones or computers, make sure you cross reference events on the calendar regularly in order to prevent scheduling conflicts.