We encourage you to participate in the many opportunities that we provide for you to submit, add, transmit, post, or provide content and other information or materials to Service Alley. However, this is a community site, and we require all users to abide by appropriate community standards. In order to keep this site safe, enjoyable, and interesting for all of our users, we ask that you follow the rules outlined below. You are fully responsible for the content that you post. Neither Service Alley nor The Washington Post is responsible for any content that originates from you or other users or third parties.
1. Intellectual property. Do not post content that violates the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property rights of any third party. You may only post content that you own, or that you otherwise have the right to post.
2. Inappropriate or objectionable content. Do not post content that is inappropriate or objectionable. For example, do not post content that is discriminatory, false, misleading, libelous, defamatory, hurtful, obscene, abusive, that violates a third party's right to publicity or privacy, or is illegal. Epithets and other language intended to intimidate or to incite violence will not be tolerated.
In general, put yourself in the place of the other person (or his or her company) before you post content about him or her: if you wouldn’t want that material posted about you, then don’t post it about someone else.
3. Privacy. Obtain consent from anyone implicated in content that you post, including but not limited to any individuals shown in a photo or video or identified by name in a customer testimonial. Never post the full name, contact information, or any other identifiable information about another person without his or her consent.
4. Non-commercial purposes. You may not solicit funds, promote commercial entities or otherwise engage in commercial activity in the content you post. The only exception to this is for service providers who have claimed their profile and agreed to our Additional Terms and Conditions for Service Providers.
5. Posting reviews. In addition to the rules set forth above, the following rules govern the posting of reviews of service providers.
a. Personal experience. Your review should be based on firsthand experience with the particular service provider.
b. Truthful. Your review should be honest: you should provide an accurate description of your experience with the service provider that does not misrepresent or omit relevant facts.
c. Relevant. Your review should be informative and helpful to others in assessing whether to use a particular service provider.
d. Unbiased and Objective. Service providers should not post reviews of themselves or other providers listed on this site, unless the service provider discloses in the review both its identity and its status as a service provider.
e. Name-calling. Do not discuss a specific person (either by name or with any other identifiable information) in a negative way.
f. Updates. You have the ability to edit any reviews that you write, so please update your review if/when new and relevant information comes to light.